Focus and Scope
INNOVATIO focuses on original research in religious innovation studies and Islamic studies using an interdisciplinary perspective.
The Scope of INNOVATIO are:
- Religious Studies: Historical, sociological, anthropological, and psychological approaches of religion, comparative study of the doctrines and practices of religions.
- Islamic Education Innovation Studies: management of pesantren, madrasah and Islamic school.
- Islamic Thought: Islamic theological doctrines, Islamic movements, Islamic political thought, Islam and human rights, Islam and Gender, Islam and environmental issues, Islam and contemporary issues.
- Islamic Philosophy: Early Islamic philosophy, Islamic epistemology, Islamic metaphysics, later Islamic philosophy, Islamic philosophy of science.
- Qur’anic Studies: Methods, Quranic exegesis, hermeneutic, Quranic philology, living Qur’an, Qur’an digital studies.
- Hadith Studies: Methods, living Hadith, Hadith studies in the West, Hadith digital studies.
- Islamic Mysticism: The doctrines and practices, sects and prominent, “neo-sufi” movements, sufi healing, modern trend of Islamic mysticism.